World Cup winner Andrea Pirlo was on Thursday named coach of Juventus’ under-23 team, which plays in Serie C.
The announcement comes three years after the 41-year-old Pirlo ended his playing career and five years after he left Juventus for New York City FC.
Nicknamed “the maestro” for his passing skills, Pirlo helped Italy win the 2006 World Cup and also won Serie A six times - twice with AC Milan and four times with Juventus. He also won the Champions League twice with Milan.
Last month, Juventus’ under-23 team won the Serie C Italian Cup title.
- East Bengal vs NorthEast United LIVE Streaming Info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch EBFC v NEUFC, predicted XI
- IND A vs ENG A Women, 3rd T20: Issy Wong shines again as England beats India by two wickets to win series 2-1
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven