Legendary Indian footballer and two-time Olympian PK Banerjee was given a blood transfusion on Wednesday and his condition remained critical.
“He has received blood transfusion. He remains on haemodialysis support and is still in very critical condition,” Medica Superspecialty Hospital said in a statement.
The Asian Games gold medallist is suffering from Sepsis and multi-organ failure due to pneumonia on a background of Parkinson’s disease, dementia and heart problems.
He is on ventilator support in the intensive care unit for more than two weeks now. He was hospitalised on February 7.
- Namibia’s Loftie-Eaton scores fastest-ever Men’s T20I century
- Murthal Magnets lift the Inaugural JSG Women’s Yuva Kabaddi Series 2024 trophy
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Vidarbha, Mumbai qualify for semifinal, to face Madhya Pradesh, Tamil nadu
- South Korea picks Hwang Sun-hong as interim coach to replace Klinsmann
- Elena Norman quits as Hockey India CEO after 13 years