Real Madrid thrashed a depleted Real Zaragoza side 4-0 on Wednesday to reach the Copa del Rey quarterfinals.
The second division team made eight changes as it rested players for its clash with leader Cadiz on Sunday and the 13-times European Cup winner took full advantage.
Real moved ahead in the sixth minute when defender Raphael Varane finished from close range after a clever corner routine.
Lucas Vazquez doubled Madrid's advantage with a drive into the top corner after being set up by Toni Kroos.
Japanese playmaker Shinji Kagawa caused problems for the illustrious visitor at La Romareda, with Alphonse Areola making a fine save to deny him.
Vinicius Jr. struck after 72 minutes with Karim Benzema wrapping up the win from close range for Zinedine Zidane's rampant side.
Third-tier Cultural Leonesa nearly took another scalp after eliminating Atletico Madrid in the previous round, with Valencia needing a 4-2 penalty shootout victory to beat them following a 0-0 draw.
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: Labuschagne inflicts two run-outs; Mahmudullah departs; BAN 221/4 (38)
- ENG vs PAK LIVE Score, World Cup 2023: Can Pakistan qualify if it wins vs England today?; Toss at 1:30 PM; Probable playing XI
- Asian half marathon C’ship: Indian men’s team wins gold, women’s team clinches bronze
- ENG vs PAK qualification scenarios: How can Pakistan reach World Cup semifinal; England Champions Trophy chances explained
- Manchester United’s Evans out for ‘next few weeks’ with injury