Four Sampdoria players have tested positive for coronavirus, one of which had previously recovered from COVID-19.
Serie A is attempting to ramp up its preparation for a return to action, with the season having been suspended since March. Germany's Bundesliga will restart next week, and Italian clubs are testing their players in order to move forward with plans to get the season back up and running.
Torino revealed a positive test had been returned by a player on Wednesday, before Fiorentina confirmed six cases – including three players – on Thursday.
Sampdoria, which announced a clean bill of health last month after five players had recovered, then issued its own update, confirming it had quarantined four asymptomatic members of its squad.
"UC Sampdoria informs that, during the tests to which the players were subjected, three new positive results for COVID-19 and one return of positivity emerged," a statement read.
ALSO READ | Fiorentina confirms six positive tests
"Currently asymptomatic, they have been placed in quarantine and will be constantly monitored as per protocol."
Manolo Gabbiadini, Omar Colley, Albin Ekdal, Antonino La Gumina and Morten Thorsby previously tested positive, but Sampdoria did not disclose the identity of the latest cases.
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC 0-2 MBSG ISL 2023-24, Hamill and Asish score for the Mariners
- I-League 2023-24 Namdhari holds heavyweight Gokulam Kerala to a 2-2 draw
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings
- U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: UP inflicts all out on Mumba to reduce lead: UM 28-24 UPY
- EURO 2024 draw: All you need to know about European Championship draw, pots, live streaming info