Samuel Umtiti seems to have escaped a serious foot injury after Barcelona tests confirmed he has only suffered bruising.
The centre-back left the France squad to return to Catalonia on Sunday after being hurt prior to the 4-1 win over Albania in the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Umtiti, 25, had a check-up at Barca's medical facilities on Monday, which showed he has not sustained any severe damage.
It is unclear when Umtiti will be fit to return to action but it is likely he will be a doubt for Saturday's LaLiga meeting with Valencia at Camp Nou.
He lost his place in the Barca starting XI last term during two spells out with knee injuries, with France team-mate Clement Lenglet taking advantage and becoming Gerard Pique's usual partner.
He has been an unused substitute in all three LaLiga games of 2019-20 so far.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 22
- Asian Games 2023, Tennis Preview: Ankita eyes Paris 2024 spot as history beckons in Hangzhou
- IND vs AUS Live Score 1st ODI: Gill scores fifty, completes 100-run opening partnership with Gaikwad
- Bernardo Silva joins Man City’s growing injury list
- Sports Minister cancels Asian Games 2023 trip to China after visa issue excludes three Indian Wushu athletes from Arunachal