Third-placed Inter Milan scored twice in the last six minutes through Stefan De Vrij and Alessandro Bastoni to snatch a 2-1 win at Parma in Serie A on Sunday despite a subdued display.
The scarcely-deserved win left Inter eight points behind leader Juventus and four adrift of second-placed Lazio with 10 games each to play.
Gervinho put Parma ahead with a solo goal in the 15th minute and a lacklustre Inter rarely looked like forcing its way back into the match until the closing minutes.
De Vrij headed an equaliser from a corner in the 84th and substitute Bastoni nodded home an unlikely winner three minutes later. Parma had Juraj Kucka sent off in between the goals.
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India men’s team beats NZ 3-0, seals passage to knockouts
- Pune Challenger 2024: Ramkumar knocks out Bengaluru Open champion Napolitano in first round
- World Team Table Tennis Championships: India women beat Spain, advance to Round of 32
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Iyer, Dube out of Mumbai’s squad for quaterfinal against Baroda
- Indian sports wrap, February 20