South Korea women’s head coach Colin Bell has extended his contract until December 2024, the Asian country’s football federation announced on Saturday.
Bell’s previous contract was due to expire after this year’s Women’s World Cup, scheduled from July 20 to Aug. 20 in Australia and New Zealand. South Korea are in Group H at the World Cup with Germany, Morocco and Colombia.
Bell’s new contract will see him lead South Korea at this year’s Asian Games in Hangzhou and the Olympics in Paris next year should the team secure qualification.
Englishman Bell, the first foreign coach to take charge of South Korea, was appointed in October 2019 and led the team to their best-ever finish at the Women’s Asian Cup in 2022, when they finished runners-up.
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Ruud beats Zeppieri in four sets, reaches third round
- Adidas unveils team India’s new cricket jersey
- French Open 2023: Title contender Rybakina marches past teenager Noskova into third round
- Harry Kane - Artificial intelligence can help reduce injuries
- Czech tournament does U-turn on Ukraine players after warning