Atletico Madrid has signed Yannick Carrasco from Chinese side Dalian Yifang on loan until the end of the season, the Spanish club confirmed on Friday.
Carrasco returns to Atletico, where he spent three years before moving to China in 2018.
“Our club has reached an agreement with Dalian Yifang for the loan of Yannick Carrasco until the end of the current season,” an Atletico statement read.
“The player returns to Atletico, where he spent three seasons and played a total of 124 games, scoring 23 goals.”
Carrasco signed for Atletico from Monaco in 2015 and he played as a forward, predominantly out wide.
The Belgian scored in the 2016 Champions League final, as Atletico drew 1-1 with Real Madrid before losing on penalties.
He has spent the last two years in China, where he played 52 games while registering an impressive 24 goals and 17 assists.
Atletico described Carrasco as “a player who knows our team and has a lot of talent and provides penetration from both sides”.
The club has also been attempting to sign a striker this month, with both Diego Costa and Joao Felix out injured, and the team struggling for goals.
But a deal for Edinson Cavani is yet to materialise as Atletico and Paris Saint-Germain have been unable to agree a fee.
- BAN vs NZ: Mushfiqur Rahim becomes first Bangladesh batter out handling the ball, 11th overall
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns
- Du Plessis hints at return to international cricket ahead of T20 World Cup
- Men’s Volleyball Club World C’ship 2023: All you need to know, preview, schedule, live streaming info