Atleti and Tottenham amid Eriksen talks
Christian Eriksen put some of Europe's biggest clubs on alert when he declared he would "like to try something new" and now it seems the Tottenham star could make a surprise move.
Initial speculation suggested that Real Madrid would make a move for the talented Spurs playmaker.
As the 2019-20 season draws ever closer, however, it could be that another Spanish giant – and neighbours of Real Madrid – steals a march in the quest to land the Denmark international.
AS reports that the two clubs have started discussions over a fee for the 27-year-old, with Spurs likely to demand in excess of €70million.
Atletico Madrid has enjoyed a productive transfer window – despite losing Antoine Griezmann, Rodri and Diego Godin – and could be set to swoop for Tottenham's Christian Eriksen .
The Dane has spent six seasons with the north London club but is ready for a new challenge and could join former team-mate Kieran Trippier in the Spanish capital.
Lazio won't stop Milinkovic-Savic amid United and PSG links
Lazio will not stop Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from moving on to fulfil his ambitions at one of Europe's biggest clubs but the Serie A side has not received a concrete offer, according to president Claudio Lotito.
Milinkovic-Savic, 24, has been linked to Premier League giant Manchester United and Ligue 1 champion Paris Saint-Germain. Lazio is reportedly refusing to consider bids under €80million for star midfielder Milinkovic-Savic, who was the subject of strong interest prior to the 2018-19 season.
Amid ongoing speculation over Serbia international Milinkovic-Savic, Lotito told Sky Sport Italia : "The important thing is that we have today built a club that is no longer just a stepping stone to bigger things, but many players dream of coming here.
"Last year, I fought hard to ensure Milinkovic-Savic didn't leave. This season, I certainly have fewer weapons to call upon if the situation should arise again. That doesn't mean the club is working actively to sell him. Certainly, Milinkovic-Savic on a personal level has other ambitions and that seems fair, so we won't clip his wings.
"When a concrete proposal arrives, we'll examine it and see what the conditions are, whether they satisfy the club and the decisions we'll then make."
Emery wants 'three of four' new signings
It has been a quiet transfer window so far for Arsenal, which has been linked with moves for Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney, Saint-Etienne teenager William Saliba, Real Madrid's Dani Ceballos and Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha.
However, Arsenal is reportedly close to signing Saliba in a deal which would see the 18-year-old loaned back to Saint-Etienne until the end of the season.
Speaking to reporters following Arsenal's 3-0 win over Fiorentina at the International Champions Cup on Saturday, Emery said: "I am patient because we want to choose the best solution.
"Some players are very expensive and we are waiting for this possibility because we don't want now to go to the second line of players. We are waiting and really we have very good young players.
"We are aware we also need to improve some areas in this squad. But I only want to sign three or four players only if we can be sure they are coming to improve our squad.
- Paris Saint-Germain has found its target if Neymar gets his desired move away from the Parc des Princes. According to RMC Sport , Juventus midfielder Paulo Dybala is PSG's top option if Neymar leaves.
- James Rodriguez is linked with the likes of Atletico Madrid and Napoli , and Real Madrid wants around €40m for the playmaker, according to Marca.
- David de Gea will become the world's highest paid goalkeeper. The Manchester United shot-stopper has agreed to a six-year deal worth around £117m with the Premier League giants, according to The Telegraph .
- Arsenal could land Moise Kean from Juventus, but only if any deal includes a buy-back clause. The Daily Mail say Juve will insist on a £36m (€40.1m) clause in a possible deal involving the forward.
- Danny Rose is widely expected to leave Tottenham this close season, with numerous clubs linked with the left-back. Now, the Mirror report Serie A champion Juventus is the frontrunner to sign the defender.
- After Aaron Wan-Bissaka's move to Manchester United, Crystal Palace may have found its replacement. The Daily Mail report Palace has held further talks over a potential deal for Liverpool right-back Nathaniel Clyne .
- Full list of highest T20I totals successfully chased against India: Australia sets new record in Guwahati
- IND vs AUS: Deepak Chahar added to India’s squad for T20I series against Australia
- PCB waives off 50 per cent match fee fine imposed on Azam Khan for displaying Palestine flag
- IND vs AUS: Maxwell concedes 30 runs off last over as India scores mammoth 222 against Australia in 3rd T20I
- Ruturaj Gaikwad smashes maiden international century; becomes first Indian to score T20I hundred against Australia