Leicester City has further reinforced its defensive options with the signing of Caglar Soyuncu from Freiburg pending an application for a work permit.
The 22-year-old has agreed a five-year deal for a reported £19 million. He is set to become the second young centre-back captured by Claude Puel in quick succession following the arrival of Croatian Filip Benkovic.
Soyuncu, capped 15 times by Turkey, came to the attention of Premier League clubs across two seasons with Freiburg in which he made 50 Bundesliga appearances.
He was linked with Arsenal earlier in the close-season and voiced a desire to sign for the Gunners, but will instead join Benkovic and Jonny Evans as fresh competition for Harry Maguire and Wes Morgan at King Power Stadium.
- Bahrain Grand Prix: F1 champion Verstappen of Red Bull on pole for season-opener
- Ranji Trophy semifinal: Chandrakant Pandit eyes victory against former side as Vidarbha, Madhya Pradesh face off
- German Open 2024: Jolly-Gayatri bow out of quarterfinals, lose to Chinese pair of Jing-Min
- Mohun Bagan vs Jamshedpur FC highlights, MBSG 3-0 JFC, ISL 2023-24: Sadiku, Cummings, Petratos goals guide Mariners to comfortable win
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant cruises to win against Jamshedpur FC