Manchester United has lined up another exciting midfield transfer target amid its ongoing pursuit of Bruno Fernandes.
As the wrangling over figures with Sporting CP continues, the Red Devils have reportedly submitted a sizeable offer to Birmingham City for teenage talent Jude Bellingham.
But making the first move might only spark a European bidding war.
TOP STORY – UNITED SUBMIT BELLINGHAM BID
Birmingham youngster Bellingham 's clear potential has convinced United to launch an offer worth more than £30million, reports the Sun and Sky Sports.
The 16-year-old midfielder has burst onto the scene this season and the Old Trafford outfit is understood to be keen to test him in the Premier League.
However, it could face stiff competition from Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool and other heavyweight clubs across the continent.
The Mirror, meanwhile, claims United has made a "breakthrough" in negotiations for Portugal international Fernandes, having reached a "compromise" transfer fee in the region of £55m.
- David Beckham's Inter Miami has contacted Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to assess his interest in a switch to MLS, adds the Sun.
- Tottenham has enquired about Real Madrid winger and former Spurs star Gareth Bale , according to Spanish television programme El Chiringuito.
- Barcelona , still searching for a new striker, has ruled out RB Leipzig's Timo Werner and Lille's Victor Osimhen , suggests Mundo Deportivo, with Valencia's Rodrigo Moreno a more likely target.
- Serie A side Roma is set to discuss personal terms with Matteo Politano after agreeing a €25million fee with Inter, according to Sky Sport Italia.
- Inter , meanwhile, is said to be in discussions with United youngster Tahith Chong , who is also on Chinese outfit Jiangsu Suning 's radar as his contract runs close to expiring, says Sky Sport Italia.
- Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali is interesting Premier League champion City and Ligue 1 leader Paris Saint-Germain , reports SportMediaset.