The race for Paul Pogba appears well and truly on, but Manchester United will not let the midfielder go easily.
The France international said on Sunday he would be interested in a "new challenge" , casting fresh doubt over his future at Old Trafford.
Real Madrid has continually been linked with Pogba, but it seems Paris Saint-Germain, and perhaps former club Juventus, could also be interested.
TOP STORY – POGBA INTEREST INTENSIFIES
Real Madrid indicated it is willing to pay £90million for Pogba despite United valuing the midfielder at £150m, according to The Sun .
United is ready to do its all to keep Pogba, with the Daily Mail reporting it is set to offer him a bumper new contract worth close to £500,000 per week.
This saga appears likely to take time to play out with Ligue 1 champion PSG also expressing an interest in Pogba, according to The Independent .
- Neymar appears more and more likely to leave PSG in the close season. Globo Esporte says talks are already underway for the Brazil international to return to Barcelona , which may pay €100m and send players, with Ivan Rakitic , Ousmane Dembele and Samuel Umtiti mentioned.
- It seems Benfica sensation Joao Felix has decided where he will be next season. According to Record , the 19-year-old Portugal international was in Spain to sign with Atletico Madrid in a €120m move, a report Benfica denied. El Chiringuito later claimed to have spotted the attacker and agent Jorge Mendes leaving a Madrid restaurant.
- Real Madrid look like it wants to see Gareth Bale make an exit before next season. ABC says the La Liga giant has lowered its asking price for the Wales international from €100m to €85m.
- With Neymar and Antoine Griezmann potentially arriving, Philippe Coutinho 's Barcelona future seems clouded. AS reports PSG has made contact with the player's camp, while he may return to the Premier League. However, Sky Sports News reports Coutinho is unwilling to join Manchester United out of respect to former club Liverpool, but The Sun says he would head to Chelsea , although the club's transfer ban is standing in the way of that move.
- Now that Juventus has appointed Maurizio Sarri, the Serie A champion could make numerous additions. Tuttosport reported Juve vice-president Pavel Nedved met with agent Mino Raiola regarding Ajax captain Matthijs de Ligt – who is expected to join PSG – and Pogba .
- A dream Chelsea return for Frank Lampard could be on the cards. The Sun reports the club great and Derby County manager is set for talks with owner Roman Abramovich over the position left vacant at Stamford Bridge by Sarri's departure. The same paper also reports Chelsea has rejected £35m bids from Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for Willian , with the Mirror saying Lampard wants the Brazil international to stay.
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store