Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi were set for a last dance when their respective teams, Al Nassr and Inter Miami, face off in a friendly match in Saudi Arabia.
While fans were gearing up for the much anticipated clash, Al Nassr confirmed on Wednesday that Ronaldo will miss the match.
Suffering from a left calf injury, Ronaldo had been ruled out of the Saudi Pro League side’s matches in China too, which had prompted the club to cancel the tour. The Portuguese star did not recover in time to feature in the clash against Inter Miami.
The MLS side is on a two-game tour of Saudi Arabia. It lost its first match 3-4 against Al Hilal earlier this week.
- Liverpool’s young players must be protected, says Klopp
- World Athletics Indoor C’ships 2024: Star line-up as Lyles, Duplantis test Olympic waters
- PKL 10 Final: What happens in case of tie? Rules explained
- Sainz has no hard feelings over Hamilton’s Ferrari move
- Song leaves role as Cameroon coach after contract expires