Millie Saroha and Gaurika Bishnoi returned identical cards of five-over 77 to share the lead as it turned out to be a tough outing for the professionals in the first round of the 14th leg of Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour at the challenging Gary Player course, on Wednesday.
The event is being played at the DLF Golf and Country Club on the Gary Player layout, which will be used for the Hero Women’s Indian Open later this year.
For the players this is a great chance to try and get used to the course over the next three days before the European Tour event.
Millie, who holed her second shot on the Par-4 seventh for an eagle-two, carded 77 as did Gaurika and they were one shot ahead of Afshan Fatima who won last week at Greater Noida.
Afshan may well have been in the lead but for a triple bogey eight on par-5 15th.
Tvesa Malik (79) was fourth, while Amandeep Drall and amateur Sifat Sagoo, who is playing at her home course, and another amateur Rhea Saravanan shot 80 each to be Tied-5th.
Sonam Chugh was eighth, while Neha Tripathi and Khushi Khanijau were Tied-9th. Astha Madan in her maiden pro event carded 85.
Millie had the only eagle of the day and she also had another birdie on the Par-5 eighth, while she dropped six bogeys and a double in her 77.
Gaurika had two doubles, two bogeys and just one birdie in her round of 77.
Afshan Fatima began with three bogeys but birdied both ninth and 18th, while amateur Sifat started the day with three doubles, but made up somewhat with three birdies though she dropped two more bogeys and another double.
- Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 7: TN qualifies for quarterfinals; Karnataka needs 125 to win; Bengal collapses vs Punjab
- NBA: LeBron James, Lakers relish tourney matchup vs. Suns
- Pakistan board gives Rauf green light for short Big Bash stint
- India’s series win vs Australia highlights squad depth and leadership potential ahead of T20 World Cup
- Tiger Woods vaults 430 spots, drawing scrutiny to world rankings