Indian golfer Anirban Lahiri’s disappointing run on the PGA Tour continued as he missed the cut at the Shriners Hospital for Children Open after carding a second straight 70 here. The cut fell at three-under and he missed it by one.
Lahiri began with a series of six pars and then dropped on seventh and before he could recover, he gave away a double on ninth after he went into the native area. He fought hard to make up with four birdies on his second nine, but fell short and crashed out.
Peter Uihlein birdied five of the last seven holes for a five-under 66 and a two-stroke lead. Uihlein reached 13-under 129 at TPC Summerlin, a day after opening with a 63. Robert Streb and Whee Kim were tied for second, and Bryson DeChambeau, Abraham Ancer and Harold Varner were another stroke back. Kim shot 65, DeChambeau, Streb and Ancer 66, and Varner 67.
Jordan Spieth had two late birdies in a 68 to get to eight-under in his season debut. Uihlein was even par for the round through 11 holes, making a bogey on the par-four second and a birdie on the par-four fourth. On the back nine, he birdied number 12-14, 16 and 18.
Cameron Champ had a 65 in the group with Spieth to also get to eight-under. Champ won the Sanderson Farms last week in Mississippi for his first TOUR title. Rickie Fowler was seven-under after a 67.
- WI vs ENG: Sam Curran sets unwanted record for most runs conceded by England bowler in ODI history
- WI vs ENG, 1st ODI: West Indies completes its second highest successful run-chase, beats England by four wickets
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven
- EURO 2024 playoffs: Which are the teams involved, when will the matches be played?
- I-League 2023-24 points table LIVE: Sreenidi Deccan on top tied with Mohammedan Sporting Club, I-League standings