Indian Oil rode on two third-quarter goals to beat Punjab National Bank 2-0 in the final and lift the title in the 123 Beighton Cup hockey tournament at the SAI Complex on Tuesday.
After two goalless quarters, Karajwinder Singh put Indian Oil ahead by scoring a field goal in the 41 minute. Gurjinder Singh converted a penalty corner at the stroke of the third quarter to double the lead.
Indian Oil held on to the lead till the end.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures