Indian men’s hockey team chief coach Craig Fulton on Friday conducted a coaching session for the head coaches of the member units participating in the 13th Senior Men National Championship 2023.
The aim of the session, which was organized at the Conference Hall of the Mayor Radhakrishnan Hockey Stadium, was to elevate coaching standards within the domestic circuit. The session provided an opportunity for knowledge exchange between the coaches.
Speaking about the session, Fulton said, “It was very satisfying to interact with coaches from the home setup. It was an interactive session, and I think we learned a lot.
“It is essential to keep raising the bar for coaching across the nation. The players who advance to the Indian setup will be more prepared to make big career advancements if this is done.”
Notable coaches who participated in the session include Batham Sumit (Jharkhand), Vinay Kishor (Uttarakhand), Daljeet Singh (Punjab), Mukesh Kumar (Haryana), Yendala Sagar (Telangana), Satender Sharma of (Delhi), Moirangthem Rinash Mettei (Manipur), Aravindan Ramachandran (Puducherry), Charles Dixon (Tamil Nadu), and Deepak Saini (Arunachal Pradesh).
The interactive coaching session, facilitated by Fulton, delved into diverse topics, including the Indian principles of play both with and without the ball, strategic game management to the score and remaining time, and effective player management considering the demanding schedule, among other crucial aspects.
- World Aquatics Championships: With Ledecky staying home, Quadarella takes another world title in 1,500 freestyle
- F1: Leclerc knew about Hamilton talks before signing Ferrari extension
- ISL 2023-24: Guarrotxena helps Mumbai City return to winning ways against faltering East Bengal
- They don’t make them like Dattajirao Gaekwad anymore!
- F1: Ferrari’s new car unveiled for final season before Hamilton’s arrival