Defending champion Haryana opened its campaign with a mammoth 22-1 win over Gujarat in a Pool A match of the Hockey India-13th Senior National men’s hockey championship here on Sunday.
Sanjay was the star player of the match, scoring six goals.
Host Tamil Nadu won both its matches, defeating Assam and Himachal to top its group and reach the quarterfinals. Tamil Nadu has been playing well in the Nationals, and it has been really efficient in making penalty corners count, which is a good sign in the knock-out stage. TN can take enough rest as the quarterfinals begin on November 25.
In the last match of the day, Odisha thumped Arunachal 27-0 in a Pool H match.
- Travis Head becomes seventh batter to score hundred in ODI World Cup final
- ICC World Cup final Presentation Ceremony Highlights: Kohli wins Player of the Tournament award, Head named PoTM after Australia beats India
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 Final Reactions: Social media reacts as Australia wins sixth title
- ODI World Cup: Australia saved its best for the last, says captain Cummins after beating India in WC final
- Rahul Dravid, Rohit Sharma denied World Cup glory yet again