With two to go for the Hockey World League Finals, the Odisha government on Wednesday unveiled the logo and the one-year countdown for the next big-ticket event in the sport here – the 2018 World Cup.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik also gave away cash awards worth Rs 76 lakhs 75 thousand to 59 state sportspersons for their achievements across various sports and competitions. The largest chunk of that went to the hockey players – two men and five women – who were part of the victorious Asia Cup campaigns recently.
Dipsan Tirkey, Amit Rohidas, Deep Grace Ekka, Namita Toppo, Lilima Minz, Sunita Lakra and Rashmita Minz each received Rs 7.5 lakhs at the brief ceremony that also saw 25 para and special athletes being recognised among the 59 awardees.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Kotian, Deshpande put on 100-run stand vs Baroda; Sarvate picks 3 wickets as Karnataka in trouble vs Vidarbha
- DC bowler Arundhati fined for breaching WPL code
- Man City’s Grealish must hit the ground running after injury return - Guardiola
- PKL 10 Playoffs: Players to watch out for in Puneri Paltan vs Patna Pirates semifinal 1
- Jon Dahl Tomasson hired as first foreign-born coach of Sweden