Having already sealed its berth for the final, India would look to test its attacking potential when it takes on Poland, the World No. 21, in its final league match at the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup here on Friday.
With three wins and a draw, India leads the six-team league table with 10 points and a goal-difference of eight.
Alongside India, South Korea, too, has secured its place for the summit clash. It possesses 10 points and a goal-difference of five. The last-round matches are therefore inconsequential as far as the final berth is concerned. But nevertheless, both finalists would like to keep their winning momentum intact.
In the league stage so far, India has defeated Japan, Malaysia and Canada. It drew against South Korea 1-1.
On Friday, India will hope to continue its goal-scoring spree. Mandeep Singh, who scored a hat-trick against Canada, has been enterprising upfront, and needs more support from other strikers. Poland, winless in the tourney so far, will hope to make it difficult for India to manage a win. Against South Korea, it had fought hard before going down 3-2.
In the other matches on Friday, Korea takes on Japan and Malaysia takes on Canada.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool Carabao Cup 2023-24 final LIVE Streaming Info: Predicted 11, head to head record, when and where to watch
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Andhra inches closer to historic win against Madhya Pradesh
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Tamil Nadu eliminates defending champion Saurashtra to enter semis
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Pramod, Yathiraj and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships