Former Indian kabaddi captain Ajay Thakur has been on duty in Himachal Pradesh in the wake of the country-wide lockdown due to coronavirus pandemic.
Ajay, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) with the Himachal Pradesh police, has been patrolling in the Bilaspur town in the state.
He shared a video of himself on Instagram with a message, "On duty. There is still time, stay indoors and tell others the same. Please co-ordinate with the government. Only then it is possible."
The 33-year-old was awarded the Padma Shri in 2019 for his services to the nation.
He also posted a video on his YouTube page urging people to follow government protocols, after Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced a 21-day lockdown in the nation on March 24 to fight the COVID-19 outbreak.
He urged people to observe social distancing and only venture out if needed, to make the work of the police across the nation easier.
- IPL 2024 LIVE: Full list of retained, released, traded players: KL Rahul retained by Lucknow Super Giants
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag under pressure against World no. 1 Liang-Chang in first game
- Man United boss Ten Hag says season schedule tests players’ limits
- Premier League: Pochettino angered by ‘soft’ Chelsea collapse at Newcastle
- Satwik-Chirag, China Masters Final: Preview, head-to-head record, live streaming info