Gearing up for the eighth season of Pro Kabaddi League (PKL), the GMR sports-owned UP Yoddha on Sunday left for Bengaluru to enter a bio bubble there ahead of the tournament.
PKL-8 starts in Bengaluru on December 22.
The team that includes players, support staff and management boarded a flight at the Indira Gandhi International airport here for Bengaluru.
READ: UP Yoddha: Full squad for season 8 after PKL Auctions 2021
The team would enter the mandatory seven-day quarantine on reaching Bengaluru. As per COVID-19 protocols, a mandatory RT-PCR test will be conducted on each member every 72 hours.
UP Yoddha, led by Nitesh Kumar, who also is a product of their state-of-the-art UP Yoddha BK Kabaddi Academy, will kick off their campaign on the opening day itself.
Latest on Sportstar
- Nurturing women’s cricket the Esmie Kripal Singh way
- Ultimate Table Tennis: Quadri Aruna drafted by U Mumba; Duda joins Sharath Kamal at Chennai Lions
- Luca, son of Zinedine Zidane, looks to carve his own name out of his father’s shadow
- Hyderabad-based Racing Promotions to build five street racing circuits in India by 2025
- AIFF Appeal Committee rejects appeals by Kerala Blasters and Ivan Vukumanović