The home leg of ProKabaddi League (PKL) team Bengaluru Bulls will not be held at Bengaluru, team owner and WL League Pvt. Ltd. CEO Uday Sinh Wala confirmed on Monday.
Uday explained that the Department of Youth Empowerment and Sports (DYES) has not responded to requests to use the Sree Kanteerava Indoor Stadium. “We are definitely not holding our matches in Bengaluru. We have delayed this tough decision for as long as we can, but time has run out,” Uday told The Hindu .
As it stands now, Chennai is the preferred alternative, and Pune is the second option. Bulls is scheduled to play its 'home leg' from November 23 to 29. “We will announce our choice between Chennai and Pune in a few days,” Uday said.
For the second straight season, Bengaluru Bulls will be unable to ride on the support of its home fans. Faced with similar circumstances last year, Bulls shifted its matches to Mankapur Indoor Stadium in Nagpur.
“This is horribly disappointing for the entire team. We have the best fans in the country, but once again, we won’t have the chance to entertain them in Bengaluru," Uday said.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin equals Kumble for most five-wicket hauls for India in Tests
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Pujara falls for 46 as SAU loses 8; Baroda concedes lead to Mumbai
- India vs England, 4th Test Day 3 HIGHLIGHTS: IND 40/0; India needs 152 runs more
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Rohit Sharma completes 4000 runs in Tests
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships