A thrilling victory over UP Yoddha in Eliminator 1 boosting its confidence, Bengaluru Bulls will take on table-topper Dabang Delhi in the first semifinal of the Pro Kabaddi League here on Wednesday.
The first meeting between the two sides this season ended in a narrow 33-31 victory for Dabang Delhi while the second witnessed a thrilling 39-39 tie.
Bengaluru Bulls, the reigning champion, fought a mighty battle against a spirited UP Yoddha team and prevailed 48-45 in Eliminator 1 to make it to the semifinals.
The match initially ended 36-36 and it needed extra-time to decide a winner. Two massive raids from Pawan Kumar Sehrawat in the first-ever extra-time in Pro Kabaddi history ensured victory for Bengaluru Bulls, setting up a showdown against Dabang Delhi.
U Mumba faces Bengal Warriors in the second semifinal, also on Wednesday at the same venue.
U Mumba is on a five-match unbeaten streak but will face a confident Bengal Warriors, which is well-rested after its final league stage match. U Mumba will have the momentum on its side after beating Haryana Steelers convincingly in Eliminator 2.
After an indifferent start to the campaign, Bengal Warriors managed an eight-match unbeaten streak which was finally broken in its penultimate league match by Patna Pirates.
It managed to win its next match even in skipper Maninder Singh’s absence, but the earlier defeat meant that it had to settle for a second-place finish in the league standings.
- ISL 2023-24: Mohun Bagan Super Giant looks to avenge AFC Cup loss against Odisha FC
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC LIVE streaming info, ISL 2023-24: When, where to watch; Preview
- WATCH: Bangladesh’s Mushfiqur Rahim out handling the ball in second Test against New Zealand
- Bangladesh vs New Zealand LIVE Score updates, 2nd Test Day 1: Latest scorecard, match streaming info
- NBA: LeBron James leads Lakers to In-Season Tournament semifinals with win over Suns