Bengal Warriors skipper Maninder Singh has been ruled out of the final of season seven of the Pro Kabaddi League against Dabang Delhi on Saturday.
The ace raider picked up an injury to his shoulder during a league game against Dabang Delhi, the team the Warriors are up against in the final and has been recovering since.
While Bengal will miss the Maninder's services on the mat and his ability to lead a team with a cool head, the team's raiding efficacy is unlikely to be affected considering names in its ranks like K. Prapanjan, Sukesh Hegde and Mohammed Nabibakhsh who starred for the side through the league stage and in its semifinal clash against U Mumba.
Follow DELHI v KOLKATA live on our ProKabaddi blog
While Maninder seemed eager to feature in the summit clash, the Bengal Warriors' physio was unsure about his unavailability for the game. He will have to cheer his team in its bid for a maiden PKL title from the sidelines.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 1: ENG 302/7; Root century puts ENG ahead
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Sai Kishore picks five; SAU 183 all out; Musheer, Taide score 100s
- Russian Olympic Committee loses appeal against suspension by the IOC
- FIH Pro League: India aims to end Australia’s unbeaten run
- New Zealand crumbles as Australia wins second T20 to clinch series