Kolkata Knight Riders captain Dinesh Karthik believes that this edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will be more challenging for the team.
“The second year is always going to be far more challenging because the first year was slightly newer, so the expectations are little different (this time around),” Karthik says.
Last year, the franchise parted ways with its long-time captain, Gautam Gambhir, and Karthik was handed over the responsibility. Under his captaincy, KKR made it to the play-offs, before being knocked out by Sunrisers Hyderabad.
But this time, with the side more balanced, Karthik appears confident. “In the second year, we are going as a different team. (With) me as a leader, it will be a lot different as to what it was last season,” he says. “Challenges will be different and we are looking forward to it. Let’s see how it goes,” he signs off.
- WPL 2024 Auction: Full list of 165 players available for Women’s Premier League auction
- BAN vs NZ, 1st Test: Bangladesh beats New Zealand by 150 runs
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronaldo’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- IND vs AUS: Needed to bowl stump to stump to negate dew factor, says Axar
- IND vs AUS, 4th T20I: India beats Australia by 20 runs to win series