Logan Sargeant will return to Williams Racing in 2024.
As a Formula One rookie in 2023, Sargeant was the first American driver to score a point on the circuit in 30 years, according to the United Kingdom-based team.
“I am pleased to continue our journey with Logan into the 2024 season,” team principal James Vowles said in a statement. “Logan has demonstrated immense skill whilst under the pressure of the world stage, making him a perfect fit for our team. We have great confidence in his abilities and believe that together we can achieve even greater success in the upcoming season.”
Sargeant, 22, will spend another season teamed with driver Alex Albon. Williams Racing finished seventh in the FIA Formula 1 World Constructors’ Championship.
Together, they posted 28 points -- 27 by Albon -- but finished far behind the 860 points accumulated by the Max Verstappen-led Red Bull pair.
“It has been an incredible journey with the team so far, and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue developing as a driver within such a talented and dedicated group,” said Sargeant, a Florida native. “We have exciting plans for the future, and I can’t wait to contribute to the team’s success in the coming year.”
- Medvedev begins Dubai title defense with win in first match since losing Australian Open final
- WPL 2024: Smriti, Renuka star; RCB Women beat Gujarat by eight wickets
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Vidarbha seals spot in semis after hara-kiri by Karnataka batters
- ISL 2023-24: FC Goa files complaint after Mumbai City analyst caught spying at training session
- Sportstar Sports Conclave — Focus Punjab: Day-long enriching sessions in store