The start of the British Moto GP was delayed due to bad weather at Silverstone on Sunday.
With heavy rain lashing down throughout the weekend, the race had already been brought forward from its original 1200 GMT start time to 1030 GMT in a bid to beat the weather.
But the rain continued to pour down on Sunday morning, forcing officials to delay the start time for safety reasons.
“Moto GP race delayed due to track conditions,” said a statement on the official Moto GP Twitter account.
“Updates on the new race day schedule when we have them.”
It remained to be seen whether the conditions would improve enough for the race to start or if it would be postponed for the day.
A tweet on the official Silverstone account said: “MotoGP race start delayed due to safety reasons.”
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 LIVE Score, Gujarat Giants vs U Mumba: GG 16-18 UM, Giants makes a comeback after the break
- Indian sports news wrap, December 5: Vivaan win’s men’s trap in National selection trials; Sonal into AITA Women’s quarters
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: TN coach Kulkarni terms quarterfinal against Mumbai as ‘contest between red-ball and white-ball legacy’
- ECB launches cricket regulator to tackle discrimination
- Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin to be played on January 24 after snow chaos