The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, affecting the lives of over 4.1 million people, and spreading across 215 countries.
The Premier League is eyeing a resumption date while the Bundesliga is set to restart behind closed doors in May 16 itself after chancellor Angela Merkel gave the go-ahead on Wednesday. It will be the first league to return after lockdown in Europe.
LaLiga and Serie A have announced clubs can return to training with players training individually.
Here are the biggest news stories from the world of sport, as they happen:
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023: Zverev gets past Etcheverry, reaches semifinals
- West Ham beats Fiorentina 2-1 to win Europa Conference League title
- HIGHLIGHTS - FIO 1-2 WHU, UEFA Europa Conference League: Bowen late goal helps West Ham clinch title
- NED 4-1 IND highlights, FIH Pro League: Telgenkamp brace and goals by Burkhardt, Reyenga guide the Dutch to victory
- FIH Pro League 2022-23: India fails to regain top spot after 4-1 loss against Netherlands