Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik was named in the Indian women’s wrestling team for next year’s Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast, Australia after a selection trail held here on Saturday.
Apart from Sakshi (62kg), other women grapplers who booked their berths for the 2018 Commonwealth Games are Vinesh Phogat (50kg), Babita Kumari (54kg), Pooja Dhanda (57kg), Divya Karan (68 kg) and Kiran (76kg).
The selection trial was held in six weight categories at the Sports Authority of India Training Center here.
The six freestyle wrestlers will also represent the country in the 2018 Senior Asian Wrestling Championship to be held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- Joel Embiid wants to play again this season, for the 76ers and US Olympic team
- Don’t question my commitment to United, says Rashford
- AC Milan owners committed to building new stadium
- Tebas hopes Greenwood will stay in La Liga
- Algeria appoints Petkovic as coach