The Gagan Narang Sports Promotion Foundation (GNSPF) will set up a High-Performance Centre in Bhubaneswar in collaboration with the Odisha government.
The proposed centre will also have support from the Aditya Birla Group, apart from the Odisha government, in its attempt to take shooting to the next level.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between the three parties, to scout talent, train and provide exposure at the grassroots level. The centre, with necessary scientific support, will be a model centre for achieving results in the international arena.
The Foundation, which began in Pune seven years back, has spread to eight States with 16 centres, imparting training to 1,500 shooters every year.
‘’I had to struggle and work my way up. When I look back, I realise that if only I had started early, I could have become a better shooter’’, said Gagan Narang in his speech addressing the Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik at the announcement of the project in Bhubaneswar.
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- Japan women’s captain condemns AFC over venue switch for Paris Olympics Qualifier against North Korea
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Shardul Thakur runs the show to ensure Mumbai has last laugh against Assam