India’s first female RS:X windsurfer Ishwariya Ganesh has qualified for the 2023 Asian Games on Monday after winning three gold medals in the three selection trials conducted by the Yachting Association of India.
Over the past two months, Ishwariya secured 600 points out of 600 in the trials in the RS:X category to become the first and only female RS:X windsurfer to represent India at the Asian Games.
“I’m so happy and thankful to be able to represent my country at the 19th Asian Games. It is a dream for thousands of athletes,” said Ishwariya after qualifying.
- Mohammad Hafeez appointed as director of Pakistan men’s cricket team
- Liechtenstein vs Portugal LIVE Score, LIE 0-0 POR, Euro 2024 qualifiers: Cristiano Ronaldo yet to score
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers: Manvir goal edges India to 1-0 win against 10-man Kuwait
- FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers points table LIVE: AFC standings after India vs Kuwait, Pakistan bottom of Group G
- India vs Kuwait highlights, IND 1-0 KWT, FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier: Manvir’s solitary goal gets three points for Blue Tigers