Skeet coach Ennio Falco had his say as Sheeraz Sheikh was drafted into the Indian team for the shooting World Cup to be staged at the Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, from February 24 to March 3.
The change was made from the original list of entries for the World Cup which has been published by the International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
Sheeraz Sheikh comes in place of Amrinder Singh Cheema, who would now be shooting in the MQS section in the first World Cup of the season.
It was on the request of Falco, who had guided Mairaj Ahmad Khan to impressive performances in the last season among others that the NRAI had agreed to keep a slot in the national team at the discretion of the national coach.
In women’s sports pistol team, World Cup gold medallist Rahi Sarnobat has come in place of Shreya Gawande who has been moved to the MQS section.
In men’s air rifle, there will be three shooters for India as against the two mentioned by the ISSF list for the World Cup. It will be Deepak Kumar along with Ravi Kumar and Satyendra Singh. The Indian team will have a preparatory camp at the same venue from February 7.
- Al Nassr vs Al Hazem Highlights Saudi Pro League: NAS 4-4 HAZ; Talisca scores hattrick, Ricardo scores stoppage time equalizer
- WPL 2024: Smriti’s heroics in vain as Kapp, Jonassen help Delhi beat Bangalore by 25 runs
- German Open: Jolly-Gayatri advance to quarterfinals
- RCB-W vs DC-W Highlights WPL 2024: Delhi Capitals beats Royal Challengers by 25 runs
- Indian sports wrap, February 29