Aditya Mehta and Ravi Goenka defeated Dharminder Lilly and Sunil Saraogi 76 (56)-9, 61-47, 56-35 in the final to win the Kolkata Open pro-am snooker event at the Bengal Rowing Club here on Friday.
Earlier, second seeds Aditya Mehta and his partner Ravi Goenka (Bazaar Kolkata) stormed into the final by putting up a flawless performance to beat third seeded Faisal Khan and Shreevardhan Poddar of Subir Udyog 3-0. Aditya played the role of Senior Pro to perfection, guiding his partner Ravi to up his game at the right juncture.
Though Pankaj Advani-Rajesh Tulsian (Team Shree Cement) duo were seeded first, it was the fourth seed duo of Dharminder Lilly and Sunil Saraogi (Team Natural Products) who drew first blood, winning the first game 61-47.
Pankaj was in his elements in the next two games, comfortably winning them 19-63 and 20-62. Dharminder-Sunil pulled off another winner in the fourth game, winning 68-47 and leaving the game tantalizingly poised 2-2.
With the packed hall sitting on edge, it was down to the wire, as both the pros dug deep into their experience. In the end, it was just not Pankaj’s day as Dharminder Lilly and Sunil Saraogi prevailed 50-41 in the decider.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal breaks into top-20 of ICC Test Rankings
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter