Nigam Prasad Parida topped men’s rifle 3-position event in the shooting National selection trials which concluded at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, here on Friday.
After qualifying for the final with 1166 out of 1200, Nigam Prasad shot 457.9 in the 45-shot final, to finish two points ahead of Satyendra Singh. World Cup gold medallist Akhil Sheoran, who had topped qualification with 1174, was placed third.
Olympian Chain Singh, who had topped qualification with 1176 in the earlier trials and had skipped the final, shot 1169 this time and went through the final to be eventually placed sixth.
In the junior section, Sartaj Singh Tiwania topped far ahead of Harshit Binjwa.
In centre fire pistol, Adarsh Singh topped with 584, and he topped the junior men sports pistol as well, with 581.
The results: 25m centre fire pistol: Men: 1. Adarsh Singh 584; 2. Arpit Goel 581; 3. Rajat Kumar Yadav 581.
25m sports pistol: Junior men: 1. Adarsh Singh 581; 2. Dilshaan Kelley 579; 3. Sambhaji Patil 576.
50m rifle 3-position: Men: 1. Nigam Prasad Parida 457.9 (1166); 2. Satyendra Singh 455.9 (1154); 3. Akhil Sheoran 444.7 (1174).
Junior men: 1. Sartaj Singh Tiwania 458.5 (1145); 2. Harshit Binjwa 445.4 (1152); 3. Amar Chakravarthy Kishore 433.4 (1142).
Latest on Sportstar
- French Open 2023 Live Updates: Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas in Roland-Garros quarterfinals, winner faces Djokovic
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen surges ahead in F1 standings
- Djokovic reaches French Open semifinals, awaits winner of Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas
- Miyu Kato loses women’s doubles money for accidentally hitting ball kid
- Maharashtra Premier League Auction 2023: Nauman Shaikh most expensive player at Rs 6 lakh