A signed running shoe belonging to Usain Bolt was sold for 16,000 Euros (USD 18,152) in an internet auction.
After 30 bids, the final amount doubled the initial expectations of the online auction house Catawiki that had valued the sports-themed lot at around 8,000 Euros (USD 9,065), reports Efe .
The signed shoe belongs to a pair used by Bolt during the 2015 World Championship in Beijing during the 100 metre sprint, where he finished ahead of Justin Gatlin of the United States.
Apart from his gold in the 100m race, he won a further two golds in the 200m race and the 4x100m relay.
He was one of the stars of the recent Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games, winning the same three races and becoming the first athlete to bag three golds in the three track and field events at three Olympics in a row.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures