The age of Afghanistan’s Mujeeb Zadran when he made his IPL debut for KXIP against DD in Mohali on April 8, 2018. He was then 17 years 11 days — the youngest to make his debut in the IPL. The table below has the details.
Youngest to appear in an IPL match
The number of IPL matches played by R. Ashwin when he led a side (KXIP) for the first time in his IPL career. This is now an IPL record for the most matches taken by a player while captaining a side for the first time in the League. The table below has the details.
Captaining an IPL side for the first time while appearing in most matches as a player.
The number of balls taken by Lokesh Rahul to register his half century for KXIP against DD in Mohali. This is now the fastest by a batsman in IPL history. For the record, Rahul is the 10th batsman in T20 cricket to reach an individual fifty in less than 15 balls. The record, however, is jointly held by Yuvraj Singh and Chris Gayle, who both did it in just 12 balls! The table below lists all the batmen who have done it in less than 17 balls in the IPL.
Fewest balls taken to reach an individual fifty in the IPL tournament
The number of runs scored by Andre Russell while batting at No. 7 for KKR in Chennai. This is now the highest individual score by a batsman in batting positions from seven to 11. The table below has the details.
Highest individual scores by batsmen from batting positions #7 to #11
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 40/3 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- Barca has shown ‘winning mentality’ in Champions League, says Xavi
- Pakistan players told to put country before franchise leagues under new team director Hafeez
- S.Korea suspend striker Hwang Ui-jo over sex video investigation