Indian paddler A. Amalraj got his visa on Thursday to take part in the World table tennis Championships to be held in Houston, USA from November 23 to 29.
"It is a great relief," the 35-year-old told Sportstar . "I was running from pillar to post to get the visa. I am happy to take part in the Worlds and hope to do well," he added.
The Indian (men & women) team is expected to leave on November 20 (Saturday) from New Delhi to the USA barring G. Sathiyan and Harmeet Desai, who will join the team from Germany where they are currently training.
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury