Rohan Bopanna in partnership with Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France made the doubles second round with a 7-6(3), 5-7, 10-5 victory over Robin Haase and Matwe Middelkoop of the Netherlands in the doubles first round of the ATP Masters in Paris on Wednesday.
Divij Sharan, who made it as an alternate with Artem Sitak of New Zealand, celebrated his entry with a creditable first round victory over the Spaniards Feliciano Lopez and Marc Lopez in straight sets. Divij and Sitak might hit a wall in the second round though, as they come up against the formidable American pair Jack Sock and Mike Bryan.
Nadal withdrawal sends Djokovic to number one
Bopanna and Roger-Vasselin face Mate Pavic and Oliver Marach in the second round.
In the Challenger in China, third seed Ramkumar Ramanathan was beaten 7-6(3), 6-4 by Mohamed Safwat of Egypt in the pre-quarterfinals.
Ramkumar made the doubles quarterfinals with Saketh Myneni, while the top seeds Sriram Balaji and Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan also reached the quarterfinals with a 10-7 victory in the super tie-break over Aleksandr Nedovyesov and Mohamed Safwat.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, 2023-24 Quarterfinal updates: Sai Kishore picks five; SAU 183 all out; Musheer scores hundred
- IND vs ENG Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 1: England 271/7; Root nears century
- New Zealand crumbles as Australia wins second T20 to clinch series
- Loose drain cover stops F1 testing for the second day in a row
- Smriti in confident space with her cricket and leadership: RCB coach Luke Williams