The Delhi Gymkhana will host India’s Davis Cup World Group play-off tie against Denmark on the grass courts on March 4 and 5.
The secretary-general of the All India Tennis Association (AITA), Anil Dhupar confirmed that Gymkhana would be the venue.
Delhi Gymkhana has hosted Davis Cup ties in the past, but not in the last few decades.
With a lot of time left for the tie, the AITA in collaboration with the club would organise the match in the best possible manner.
With the 103rd ranked Holger Rune the best-ranked player of Denmark and Mikael Torpegaard (229) as the second-best, India fancies its chances of staying in World Group-1 by staging the play-off tie on grass.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Jasprit Bumrah released from squad; KL Rahul ruled out due to injury
- PVL 2024: Chennai Blitz gets winning momentum back, thrashes Kochi Blue Spikers
- Karolina Muchova, the 2023 French Open runner-up, has successful right wrist surgery
- Milan forward Rafael Leao latest victim of racial abuse in Italian football
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24: Shreyas Iyer, Shivam Dube out of Mumbai’s squad for quaterfinal against Baroda