The Indian boys lost to Korea 1-2, but they had already ensured their entry into the quarterfinals of the Asia Oceania World Junior under-14 tennis tournament in Bangkok, on Wednesday.
Divesh Gahlot gave a fighting start for India by winning the first rubber against Woodan Song in two hours and 47 minutes. But, V.M. Sandeep could not reproduce such a performance in the second singles or later in doubles in partnership with Nishant Dabas.
In the quarterfinals, India will play Australia. The other quarterfinals will feature China vs Syria, Thailand vs Korea and Chinese Taipei vs Japan.
The results (league): Korea bt India 2-1 (Woodan Song lost to Divesh Gahlot 5-7, 7-5, 4-6; Jewon Jeon bt VM Sandeep 6-1, 6-1; Jewon Jeon and Hyeondeok Yoon bt Nishant Dabas & VM Sandeep 6-2, 6-4).
- Athletics LIVE updates, Asian Games 2023: Tejaswin in action in shot put next; Palaksha, Santhosh into men’s 400m hurdles final; Hangzhou 2022 streaming info
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE updates, Hangzhou 2022 medals tally: India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay; Tejaswin leads decathlon pack after two events
- Asian Games 2023: India wins bronze in men’s, women’s 3000m speed skating relay race
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, October 2 - LIVE - India men, women win bronze in speed skating 3000m relay, stays fourth with 55 medals
- Tejaswin Shankar: Paris Olympics might be my last as a high jumper