Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna reached second round of women's and men's doubles respectively at the Miami Open on Friday.
Sania with her Belgian partner Kirsten Flipkens beat Canada's Leylah Fernandez and American Ingrid Neel 6-3, 7-6 (2) to set up a second round clash with seventh seeded American-Dutch pair of Desirae Krawczyk and Demi Schuurs.
In the men's doubles, Bopanna and Canada's Denis Shapovalov won 6-7 (5), 6-2, [10-3] against Marcelo Arevalo of El Salvador and Jean-Julien Rojer of The Netherlands. The Indo-Canadiar pair will next face the top-seeded Croatian pair of Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic.
- Men’s Volleyball Club World Championship: Defending Champion Sicoma beats Halkbank, sets up final against Minas
- Premier League: Man Utd slumps to humiliating 3-0 home loss to Bournemouth
- WPL 2024 Mini Auction: Kashvee, Vrinda turn heads as uncapped Indians, Capitals get Sutherland for record bid
- La Liga 2023-24: Bellingham goal not enough as Real Madrid draws against Betis away from home
- Serie A: Lazio dominates but draws 1-1 at 10-man Verona, Inter hosts Udinese