World number two and 23-time grand slam winner Novak Djokovic will be in action on day one of the US Open 2023 where he will be up against Alexandre Muller in the first-round match.
The match is scheduled to be played last in Arthur Ashe Stadium on Monday
US Open: When and where to watch?
The three-time US Open champion Djokovic is back at Flushing Meadows as a number two seed after missing out last time since he was not allowed to enter the country due to government’s protocols for international travellers who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19, which now have been lifted.
Meanwhile the 84th ranked French will be making his main draw debut here after losing the opening round of qualifying in 2021 and 2022.
Djokovic, who defeated Carlos Alcaraz in the Cincinnati Open final earlier this month, has never faced Muller in his career.
- Meet javelin throw’s other Neeraj, who won two golds at the Para Asian Games
- NBA roundup: Wembanyama scores 38 points, Spurs hold off Suns 132-121 to complete two-game sweep
- WTA Finals 2023: Jessica Pegula beats Maria Sakkari in round-robin play, Sabalenka vs Rybakina suspended due to rain
- Mujeeb and Aryan - unconventional spinners redefining PowerPlay bowling at ICC World Cup 2023
- World Cup 2023: Kyle Jamieson replaces Matt Henry in New Zealand squad