Ramkumar Ramanathan outplayed Blaz Kavcic of Slovenia 6-1, 6-1 in the first round of the €44,820 Challenger tennis tournament here to set up a pre-quarterfinal against qualifier Jacopo Berrettini of Italy. Ramkumar and Sriram Balaji, seeded third, also made the doubles quarterfinals.
In the ITF men’s event in Monastir, Tunisia, qualifier Siddhant Banthia knocked out second seed Thomas Fancutt of Australia 7-6(2), 6-4 in the first round.
€44,820 Challenger, Biella, Italy : Singles (first round): Ramkumar Ramanathan bt Blaz Kavcic (Slo) 6-1, 6-1. Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Sriram Balaji & Ramkumar bt Marco Bortolotti & Luca Vanni (Ita) 6-1, 7-6(7).
$15,000 ITF men, Monastir, Tunisia: Singles (first round): Siddhant Banthia bt Thomas Fancutt (Aus) 7-6(2), 6-4. Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Alejo Lorenzo Lingua Lavallen & Juan Bautista Torres (Arg) bt Ajeet Rai (Nzl) & Siddhant 7-6(3), 6-4.
$15,000 ITF men, Heraklion, Greece:Singles (first round): Ugo Blanchet (Fra) bt Rishab Agarwal 6-4, 7-6(5). Doubles (pre-quarterfinals): Aristotelis Thanos & Petros Tsitsipas (Gre) bt Patrick Foley (GBR) & Rishab Agarwal 6-7(5), 6-2, [10-5].
- IND vs PAK HIGHLIGHTS, Asian Games 2023, Men’s Volleyball: India finishes sixth, loses to Pakistan
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, Hangzhou 2022 updates: Indian equestrian team wins gold, India loses to Pakistan in men’s volleyball
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 26 - LIVE - India wins gold in equestrian; Neha Thakur wins silver, sailor Eabad Ali bags bronze; India 6th with 3 golds, 13 medals
- Thailand wins Asian Games’ first esports medal
- Sailing at Asian Games 2023: Neha Thakur wins Girls’ Dinghy- ILCA4 silver medal, Eabad Ali bags Men’s Windsurfer RS:X bronze