Shubman Gill just refuses to live in the shadows. The uber-talented batter upstaged the master craftsman in Virat Kohli to earn Gujarat Titans (GT) a fine six-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Sunday.
The result sent RCB out of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with Mumbai Indians taking the last playoffs spot.
Kohli (101 n.o., 61b, 13x4, 1x6) had become only the third batter in IPL history – after Shikhar Dhawan and Jos Buttler – to score back-to-back centuries. Gill, not to be left behind, became the fourth (104 n.o., 52b, 5x4, 8x6) and helped GT chase down the 198-run target with five balls to spare.
READ THE FULL MATCH REPORT HERE
Latest on Sportstar
- Lionel Messi bids farewell to Paris amid boos
- Jabeur overcomes slow start to reach French Open fourth round
- Cerundolo downs Fritz to reach second week of slam for first time
- Nuggets coach says ‘We haven’t done a damn thing’ in NBA Finals
- Haddad Maia becomes first Brazilian woman to reach French Open last 16 in 44 years