Neymar has paid tribute to Kobe Bryant after the basketball icon was killed in a helicopter crash on Sunday.
Paris Saint-Germain star Neymar scored twice as the Ligue 1 leader ran out 2-0 victor over Lille, and dedicated his second goal to Bryant by holding up two fingers on one hand and four on the other – Bryant having worn the number 24 jersey for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Following the final whistle, Neymar – a basketball fan – hailed Bryant's impact, stating his death is a sad moment for the entire world of sport.
"I looked at the messages at half-time," Neymar told Canal+ . "This is a time of immense sadness for the world of sport and for all of us, not just basketball fans.
"I knew him and I made this celebration to pay tribute to him. I hope he rests in peace."
Bryant won five NBA championships and made 18 NBA All-Star teams during a 20-year stint with the Lakers.
- Coco Gauff vs Aryna Sabalenka Live, US Open 2023 Women’s Final: Gauff eyes maiden Grand Slam title
- US Open 2023, Day 13 Order of Play: Gauff faces Sabalenka in women’s final, Pegula-Krajicek eye mixed doubles crown
- US Open 2023: Coco Gauff vs Aryna Sabalenka, Final Preview, Head-to-head record, live streaming info
- SA vs AUS HIGHLIGHTS, 2nd ODI: Australia beats South Africa by 123 runs, takes 2-0 lead
- Asia Cup 2023: Sadeera, Shanaka power Sri Lanka to win over Bangladesh