A crucial meeting between top wrestlers led by Bajrang Punia and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur began at his residence on Wednesday as the government continued its effort to strike a deal with the protesting grapplers against outgoing WFI chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh.
The meeting was called upon by Thakur to break the impasse which has been going on for more than a month.
It is the second round of meeting between the government and protesting wrestlers, who met Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday night.
“A very positive discussion was held with the (protesting) wrestlers. They have demanded that the investigation (on charges against WFI President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh) be concluded and chargesheet be filed by June 15,” said Thakur after the meeting.
The wrestlers have been protesting against Brij Bhushan, demanding his arrest for alleged sexual harassment of seven women grapplers.
- Thierry Henry to coach France at 2024 Olympics - Reports
- World Athletics Championships 2023, Live Updates: Richardson, Fraser-Pryce eye women’s 100m gold; Warholm in men’s 400m hurdles semifinal action
- Prannoy, Lakshya advance to second round of World Championships; Srikanth exits
- CM Gautam’s enduring dream to wear the whites again takes him to First-Class cricket in Sri Lanka
- Ali hopes to do a victory lap at world championships with all three kids in tow