Ankush Panghal (50kg) and Mansi Ahlawat (59kg), the two Indian women wrestlers in fray at the World under-23 championships, have returned medals in Pontevedra, Spain.
Ankush, who went past Ukrainian Snizhana Onufriieva 10-0, Germany’s Lisa Ersel 10-0 and Egypt’s Nada Medani Ashour 8-2, settled for the silver medal after being pinned by Japanese superstar Yui Susaki inside two minutes of the title clash.
Susaki completed a rare achievement of securing all the World titles (under-17, under-20, under-23 and senior) apart from the Olympics gold.
Mansi defeated Zhala Aliyeva of Azerbaijan 10-4 before being pipped by Polish Magdalena Glodek 3-2 in the quarterfinals. Mansi got the better of Swedish Evelina Hulthen 6-0 in the repechage contest. She got the bronze as her Latvian opponent Ramina Mamedova was injured.
- Cricket World Cup diary: Tendulkar’s statue, nightlife at Park Street and unstoppable Team India
- ENG vs NED Live Score, ICC World Cup 2023: England, Netherlands eye Champions Trophy 2025 spot; Toss at 1:30 PM
- Shaji Prabhakaran sacked as AIFF Secretary General
- England vs Netherlands, LIVE Streaming Info, World Cup 2023: When and where to watch ENG vs NED match today?
- Saudi Pro League champion Al-Ittihad sacks coach Espirito Santo