India will begin its campaign in sepaktakraw at the Hangzhou Asian Games on October 1.
India will field teams in four Speaktakraw events -- men’s regu and quadrant and women’s regu and quadrant -- in Hangzhou.
In the last continental games, in 2018, India secured a surprise bronze medal in the men’s regu event.
Thailand has been the most dominant nation in the sport at the Asian Games, with the South-East Asian nation winning 32 medals, including 26 golds.
At the Hangzhou Games the sepaktakraw events will be held in Jinhua Sports Centre Gymnasium from September 24 to October 7, with the athletes competing for six gold medals.
Here is the schedule for the Indian sepaktakraw contingent at Hangzhou.
Asian Games 2023: Sepaktakraw Group Stage Schedule
Men’s and Women’s Quadrant Semifinals - October 3
Men’s and Women’s Quadrant Finals - October 3
Men’s and Women’s Regu Semifinals - October 6
Men’s and Women’s Regu Finals - October 7
- World Cup 2023: BCCI prohibits use of fireworks in Delhi, Mumbai matches due to deteriorating air quality
- NBA 2023-24: Keldon Johnson’s late basket gives Spurs 115-114 win over Suns
- UFC to hold first event in China since pandemic
- NBA fines 76ers’ Joel Embiid $35,000 for obscene gesture
- Leipzig’s German Cup title defence ends in 1-0 loss at Wolfsburg