India’s Shivam Lohakare won the silver medal in Javelin throw with a throw of 72.34m at the Asian U20 Athletics Championship in Yecheon on Monday.
While Mohit Chaudhary finished on seventh with a throw of 62.72m.
Siddharth Choudhary bagged gold medal in the men’s Shot Put with a throw of 19.52m.
In the 800m event, India’s Shakeel won bronze medal with a season best time of 1:49.79 on Monday. In the same event, Shyam Malik clocked 1:51.30 to finish fifth.
Sharuk Khan clocked 8:51.74 in men’s 3000m steeplechase to win yet another silver medal for India.
In the mixed 4x400m relay team event, Indian team bagged bronze with a time of 3:30:12.
In the women’s long jump event, Sushmita won silver medal with a jump of 5.96m.
Earlier on Sunday, Heena Mallick won India’s first gold medal in the women’s 400m event. Mallick won her race in 53.31 secs. Bharatpreet Singh clinched India’s second gold in the tournament with a 55.66m throw in the men’s discus throw event.
Antima Pal won bronze in the women’s 5000m race, which was India’s first medal in the tournament. Her time of 17:17.11 secs ensured that she finished third.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Ashwin dismisses Brathwaite on 28; take West Indies one down in 365 chase vs India
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone